A sequel?

Here is a place to official post your sequel suggestions. Please don't write things you don't want other people to see...

Moderator: fandangoJeff

Forum rules
This forum has the same rules as all the others. If you're a jerk you get black-balled, simple. One more thing, keep in mind that this is a semi-private forum. Do not expect that your ideas won't be seen by others and potentially stolen!!! Consider yourself warned...

Re: A sequel?

Postby SlowYearHuh? on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:05 am

Wow. I just caught the sequel to American Graffiti on the TV. It came out in 1979 "MORE AMERICAN GRAFFITI." Harrison Ford's character became a cop, the runty guy went to Vietnam. Cindy Williams and 'Richy' get married and have Twins. . .Oh, and it was Horrendously PAINFUL to watch! Be afraid, be very afraid of a bad script for a sequel to Fandango.
It is still fun to read the ideas you guys came up with. I hope you keep them coming. I enjoy wondering what happened to all of those fictional characters. Maybe, because we all know similar people in the real world.
One thing is for sure, they look back at that road trip as the best experience of their life, and they long for the past. Going nowhere truly is a privlg of youth.
In retrospect, I think a remake would do better than a Sequel. With the right fresh director and updated themes, it could reach a new generation. And I say again, give us old folks a few cameos to keep us middle agers happy. I'm sure Chuck, Marvin and Brian would love to do that. It is a comedy so if the remake was a flop, it could be easily be forgotten without ruining the original.
Me being a movie buff, let me recommend a few directors, #1 PT Anderson, #2The Coen Brothers, #3 Christopher Nolan.
The same good script in either of these hands would be all completely different, but entirely watchable for sure. Kevin Reynolds could produce it! ;)
Chuck, you can start checking out the 7-11's for a new Doorman :) Alright guys, turn out the lights when you leave.
SlowYearHuh?

Return to A Sequel huh, hmmm...